Thursday, June 18, 2020

Organisation of Bins

In order to effectively utilise my footage whilst editing, I kept it all organised in bins that I altered to detail information about each piece. Such information included names, whether or not I saw usage, colour-coded labels, descriptions, media start times, media end times, and media duration times. This not only helped me to navigate through the many clips that I had stored, but also enabled me to quickly remember the content of each clip so that I could easily decide if and when I wanted to use it.

One particular disadvantage of such bins would be their inability to accept new footage once they had been created. This meant that I would have to ensure that all footage had been gathered and uploaded before information was changed for clips, or editing commenced. However, for my final project - which revolved around the creation of a music video - since filming required huge amounts of time, due to being performed as stop motion animation, I needed to gradually film parts and edit them before all recording had been completed. This resulted in me having to upload seventeen times, with each new collection of footage being placed in a new bin, resulting in the task being rather cumbersome.

No comments:

Post a Comment